Iomega Corporation this week announced that its new Iomega HDD 160GB USB 2.0 Desktop Hard Drive is now shipping. Designed for the desktop with fast 7200 RPM performance and â€œtouch-freeâ€ backup software, the new external HDD 160GB Desktop Hard Drive gives users a simple and complete solution for managing music, photos, video and other data files.
â€œDigital photography, downloadable music, and digital video camcorders, as well as an endless variety of data files, continue to create increased demand for desktop storage,â€ said Jennifer Burl, senior product manager, Iomega Corporation. â€œThe new HDD 160GB Desktop Hard Drive not only gives users what they wantâ€”more spaceâ€”but also what they needâ€”more security. Automatic backup of all their important files is the safety net that can protect them from data disasters.â€
Iomega’s latest external USB 2.0 drive comes in a slim new enclosure (7.25 x 4.5 x 1.25 inches) and includes a full version of the award-winning Iomega Automatic Backup software for advanced real-time backup. With Iomega Automatic Backup software, backups are automatic and â€œtouch-freeâ€â€”users do not have to count on remembering to push a button or run a program. They simply select the files and folders to protect, set the backup schedule, and let Iomega Automatic Backup software do the rest. And restoring data is easyâ€”just drag and drop.
Iomega Automatic Backup software includes these advanced features:
- Enables touch-free backups whenever a file changes
- Allows personalized backup schedules
- Supports multiple backup locations
- Saves multiple file revisions (user selectable)
- Supports DVD, CD, hard drives, network drives, and solid-state memory cards
- Caches backup data when backup media is unavailable
- Simplifies file restoration with drag and drop convenience
Key Hardware Features
- Fast 7200 RPM drives
- USB 2.0 interface (compatible with USB 1.1)
- 25 MB/sec. transfer rate (USB 2.0)
- 9 ms. average seek time
- Hot plug & play (can connect to a running computer)
Availability and Requirements
The Iomega HDD 160GB Desktop Drive is shipping now for availability at retail, catalog, and online at http://www.iomega.com/direct/main/target.jsp?prodid=33082, for $199.95 (U.S. suggested retail). Iomega Automatic Backup software is compatible with Mac OS 8.6 or above and Microsoft Windows 98, 98SE, 2000, Me and XP. Symantec Norton Ghost is compatible with Windows 98, 98SE, 2000, Me, and XP.
Source: Iomega’s press release