Today is the last day of PAX Prime, a gaming, comics, and anime convention in Seattle. And among other things, that means fans only have a few precious hours to avail themselves of Uber’s latest promotion and take a very wild ride.
The ride-sharing company has paired with the Mad Max video game to offer riders a unique and hair raising experience. Convention goers can actually request an authentic, Warboy-style ride from the service through the end of PAX prime. While Max Rockatansky, Imperator Furiosa, and Nux won’t be the ones ferrying you around, these cars are seriously souped up and provide at least a reasonable facsimile of the musclebound, smoke spewing, rusty rides that you saw racing across the desert in the film. Sure, you won’t have Tom Hardy as a hood ornament, but this is pretty cool nonetheless.
Here’s the rundown as per Uber’s press release:
- Open the Uber app in downtown Seattle and request MAD MAX.
- Demand will be high and availability is limited, but if your timing is right, a Warboy will swoop you up in a car ripped from the world of the Mad Max video game and brought to life on the streets of our fair city!
- Cars vary in size. Your Warboy will let you know how many riders (1, 3, or 4) he can keep safe from marauders.
- Trips must begin and stay within downtown Seattle. The Wasteland is vast and gas is precious—the Warboys must remain near their Stronghold.
- Your dollars are worthless in the Wasteland. Payment shall not be required.
It seems like you’ll have to get a bit lucky to snag one of these specialized rides but if you do hit the jackpot, you may be going from point A to B for free in a beast like the one you see below. A presumed PAX attendee tweeted this shot of one of the wild Mad Max rides below, courtesy of Screen Crush.
Mad Max themed Uber car at PAX. pic.twitter.com/RmVbipmorU
— Joshua Gregory (@Bacon_Skittles) August 29, 2015
PAX Prime Seattle leads right into both the DVD/Blu-ray release of Mad Max: Fury Road, and the release of the Mad Max video game, which is available on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Both are set to arrive in Valhalla on September 1, 2015.
Oh, and in case you hadn’t heard, a Mad Max: Fury Road sequel (Mad Max: The Wasteland) is already in the works … What a lovely day!