The Dimension XPS offers hardware features that deliver uncompromising performance and system expansion. With its standard 460-watt power supply, Creative Audigy 2 sound card, 128MB ATI Radeon 9800 and 9800 Pro graphics cards, support for the latest Intel processors, and Serial ATA (SATA) hard drives in a RAID 0 or RAID 1 configuration, the XPS is built to run today’s most demanding 3D games and multimedia applications with ease.
“The XPS is a powerful addition to the Dimension family,” said Tim Mattox, vice president of Dell’s client product marketing group, “Both hard-core gamers and customers who require enhanced expandability will find the Dimension XPS an ideal platform for delivering the highest level of performance in an innovative and highly serviceable chassis.“
The Dimension XPS features a sleek large tower Venice blue chassis with midnight gray and brushed silver accents. For customers interested in future expansion, it offers up to three 5.25-inch drive bays, and also accommodates up to three internal 3.5-inch bays. To accommodate external expansion, the XPS system features two 1394 ports and eight USB 2.0 ports. It is the first Dimension to have a front-accessible 1394 port, which offers a new level of convenience for digital video enthusiasts. The tower houses a 460-watt power supply at the bottom of the chassis to separate it from the main interior of the system. The innovative chassis design results in a quieter system, and also makes internal components easier to access for maintenance and upgrades.
Expanded Peripheral Options, Dedicated Dimension XPS Support
Because many customers want peripherals optimized for fast-paced 3D games, Dell offers a suite of game controllers, joysticks, mice and speakers within the Dimension XPS configurator on www.dell.com. Additionally, all systems come standard with dedicated XPS Phone Support. Through a unique Express Service Code, Dimension XPS customers dial into a dedicated XPS support queue staffed by advanced technicians who share the same passion for 3D gaming and enthusiast applications.
Pricing Information and Technical Specifications
For $2,199, the Dimension XPS features a 3.0GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor with Hyper-Threading technology and 800MHz front side bus, 256MB DDR400 SDRAM memory, Radeon 9800 graphics card, Creative Audigy 2 sound card, a 60GB hard drive, a 16x DVD drive, a 19-inch (18-inch viewable) monitor, and Windows XP Home, one year limited warranty plus one year at-home service, and dedicated Dimension XPS Support.
The Dimension XPS includes support for the following:
- Pentium 4 processor options that utilize an 800MHz front side bus and Hyper-Threading technology
- Dual-channel DDR-SDRAM memory running at 400MHz
- ATI’s new Radeon 9800 or Radeon 9800 PRO
- 460-watt power supply standard
- Two 1394 ports standard
- Eight USB 2.0 ports standard
- Creative Audigy 2 sound card standard
- Serial ATA RAID option via the Serial ATA RAID Controller (SARC) 150 DC card; Customers can choose either a RAID 0 or RAID 1 configuration
- Ultra ATA-100 hard drive capacities up to 200GB
- Optical drives options include:16x DVD, 48x/24x/48x CD-RW, or 48x CD-RW/DVD, DVD+RW/ +R combination drives
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet connectivity
- Microsoft Windows XP Home or Professional
- Dedicated XPS Support through specialized phone queue
- Standard 1 year limited warranty2 plus 1 year at-home service3; Optional upgrade up to 4 years
For more information about this product, go to www.dell.com/dimension.