Designed for mobile computer users who demand high performance in the U.S. The Inspiron 8500 excels at gaming, digital entertainment and video editing with its wide screen UltraSharp display, cutting edge NVIDIA graphics and powerful Intel PentiumÂ® 4-M processors.
The new notebook features a 1.5-inch slim design, moonlight silver and Venice blue color scheme, and optional display back personalization. Starting at $2,2991, the 8500 is the first Dell notebook to include a wide aspect (15.4-inch) screen that allows for viewing of wide screen movies, side-by-side display of documents and Web content. All systems include two USB 2.0 ports and one IEEE 1394 port, integrated modem and Ethernet ports and hardware audio volume and mute buttons.
To allow connectivity flexibility, systems can be configured with optional integrated Wi-FiÂ® (802.11b/g) and Bluetooth capabilities. The Inspiron 8500 also comes with QuickSet, a customizable software application that takes the guess work out of power management settings, system status monitoring, enlarging icons for high-resolution displays, and more.
The new notebook is designed for high-performance use, from editing video to high-end 3-D gaming. It includes Intel’s latest Pentium 4-M processors up to 2.4GHz and NVIDIA’s GeForce 4 4200 Go, which provide the same lifelike characters and game environments that experts expect from the most advanced desktop graphics.
The 8500 also expands the Inspiron personalization options program, with five new QuickSnapTM color kits that snap on and cover the entire LCD back of the notebook. Available for $39.99, the new colors are Venice Blue, Red Lava, Bamboo, Gray Swirl and Burlwood.
To meet a range of productivity, entertainment and security needs, the new notebook comes with Microsoft’s WindowsÂ® XP Home Edition operating system, WordPerfectTM Productivity Pack, Dell Juke Box powered by MUSICMATCHTM for listening to digital music, Dell Picture StudioTM for processing and sharing digital photos, six months of America Online2, DellNet by MSN3 or Earthlink4 membership (new members only) and Dell’s SecurityCenter. Dell SecurityCenter, powered by Network Associate’s McAfee anti-virus technology, is a collection of applications designed to provide customers access to anti-virus, firewall and privacy protection (parental controls, ad blocking and personal information control).
Additional technical information for the Inspiron 8500
- Choice of IntelÂ® PentiumÂ® 4-M processors: 2.4GHz, 2.2GHz, and 2.0GHz
- 512MB to 2GB DDR RAM 266MHz
- UltraSharpTM Wide Aspect Display (15.4-inch) with choice of resolution: WUXGA (1920×1200) or WSXGA+ (1680×1050)
- Choice of NVIDIA GeForce 4 4200 Go, 64MB or ATI Mobility RADEON 9000, 32MB
- Integrated 56K5 V. 92 capable modem, 10/100 Ethernet, optional integrated Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) and BlueTooth capability
- Choice of modular optical Drives: 8X DVD or 24X CD-RW / DVD
- Choice of Hard Drives: 40GB6 (5400RPM) or 60GB (4200RPM)
- Ports include two USB 2.0, one S-Video Out, one IEEE 1394 port, serial, parallel
- One PC Card slot
- 9-cell 72 Watt Hour Lithium Ion battery
- Three year Limited Warranty7 and At Home8 Service
- Optional External USB Floppy Drive
- Optional QuickSnapTM Color Kit personalization covers