We haven't had a chance to fully test this product yet, but we've assembled this helpful overview of relevant information on it.
The compact Nikon Coolpix model AW100 is modeled around a 16-megapixel, 1/2.3″ CMOS image sensor and features a 5x optical zoom lens with an equivalent 28 – 140 mm focal length, and a fixed 3-inch TFT LCD monitor with 460k-dot resolution. 1080p HD video recording is enabled on this device at 30 frames per second. For storage, the AW100 provides 83 MB of internal memory, with a microSD/SDHC/SDXC media slot made available for expansion. Power supply comes courtesy of a EN-EL12 rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Additional features include USB 2.0 connectivity, HDMI output, a rugged, environmentally sealed (water, shock, dust, and freeze-proof) body, and integrated GPS.
– 16-megapixel CMOS image sensor
– 5x optical zoom lens
– 3-inch TFT LCD monitor with 460k-dot resolution
– 1080p HD video recording enabled
– 83 MB internal memory
– microSD/SDHC/SDXC media slot
– Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
– USB 2.0
– Rugged body: water, shock, dust, and freeze-proof