We haven't had a chance to fully test this product yet, but we've assembled this helpful overview of relevant information on it.
The rangefinder-style mirrorless Sony Alpha NEX-5R is modeled around a 16.1-megapixel APS-C CMOS image sensor, additionally integrating an articulating 3-inch TFT LCD touchscreen display with 920k-dot resolution. The NEX-5R is capable of 1920 x 1080 pixel Full HD video capture at 60 frames per second, with a couple other lower resolution recording options made available. A microSD/SDHC/SDXC media slot is proffered for memory storage and expansion. Additional features include a USB 2.0 connectivity option, an integrated orientation sensor, built-in wireless, and a rechargeable NPFW50 lithium-ion battery, rated good for approximately 330 shots per charge.
- 16.1-megapixel APS-C CMOS image sensor
- Articulating 3-inch TFT LCD touchscreen display with 920k-dot resolution
- 1920 x 1080 pixel Full HD video capture enabled (60 fps)
- microSD/SDHC/SDHC media slot
- USB 2.0 connectivity option
- Orientation sensor
- Built-in wireless
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
For more digital camera buying tips, check out our Digital Camera Buying Guide.