The free-to-play DC Universe Online has kept up a steady stream of content for players since going subscription free in October but it hasn’t had any major expansion packs until now. That changes with The Last Laugh which features Mark Hamill’s Joker bringing mayhem to the DC world.
The above trailer focuses on voice over sessions with Mark Hamill (Joker), Adam Baldwin (Superman), and Arleen Sorkin (Harley Quinn).
New features include Safe House Battles, which means that players can invade each other’s homes, and Headquarter battles with players raiding the Hall of Doom or the Watchtower. Other features include:
- The Shield: Players can unleash this vicious new weapon to bash their opponents, or hurl it to take them down from a distance.
- Graviton Technology Recovery: Players will be tasked with retrieving cutting-edge technology from the hero and villain safe houses. It’s a mad dash to grab the most gravitron singularity capsules!
- The Rescue: Heroes must rescue hostages, while Villains will be freeing arrested criminals from opposing Safe Houses.
- Bomb Disposal: Stockpiles of explosives have been remotely armed by a mischievous third party. Players must gain control of the Bomb Squad’s mech and either neutralize the bombs or use them for dastardly purposes.
- Legends Characters: Combat illuminates with the introduction of the first light-powered Legends for multiplayer combat. Players will soon have access to Kilowog, a Green Lantern, and Amon Sur, a member of the Sinestro Corps.
The Last Laugh pack hits today, June 19 for PC and Playstation 3.