With only a month left to go before it hits stores, Epic Games saw fit to toss us another Gears of War: Judgement bone. Last time they showed us the game’s campaign, and in this one we get a closer look at the online multiplayer mode.
Fist of all, there are a number of new gametypes coming to Judgement’s multiplayer:
- OverRun – a 5v5 attack/defend game type, where the COG are always defending, and the Locust are attacking – and players can assume the roles of both attacker and defender to determine the winning team.
- Team Deathmatch – back by popular demand, this mode pits two teams of five players against each other with a shared pool of respawns. Take out your opponents, deplete their respawns, and you win.
- Free for All – just what it sounds like
- Domination – a team-based 5v5 game type where players fight for control of three rings placed randomly in the map. Control the ring to gain points, and the first team to reach 250 wins.
In addition to these new gametypes, there are a handful of new weapons:
- Sticky grenades – grenades that can adhere to any surface prior to detonation
- Beacon grenades – these act like temporary mobile radar
- Stim grenades – these will replenish the health of anyone in their vicinity
- Markza – a medium-range semi-automatic rifle
- Breechshot – a high-caliber room-clearer that’s got a blade on the tip.
- Booshka – a grenade launcher that fires smart shells which detonate when they hit an enemy, or bounce off objects before exploding.
Gears of War: Judgement is set to hit stores in North America on March 19, so be sure to check back for more trailers until then.