Random Marvel Film News and Rumors
- Marvel already staked out May 6, 2016, July 8, 2016, and May 5, 2017, although it didn’t initially say what films would appear on those days. The May 2016 date has since been confirmed for Captain America 3, but no word on what the July 2016 or May 2017 films will be.
- Robert Downey Jr. has confirmed that he will return for The Avengers 2 and 3, but he has yet to commit to Iron Man 4.
- Ryan Reynolds is still fighting for a Deadpool movie, and Bryan Singer has said there is a chance – although Deadpool will not appear in the upcoming X-Men film. [7/23/13]
- Rob Liefeld recently described the three minutes of Deadpool test footage shot by director Tim Miller. The proposed story would be a reboot, and not a continuation of X-Men Origins: Wolverine. (Thanks to our reader “Neil Duff” for pointing this out!) [7/23/13]
- Feige is planning on more Iron Man movies, but nothing is firm. [7/25/13]
- Mark Millar, who is now working on Fox’s Marvel films that consist of the X-Men and Fantastic Four properties, said that he expects the Fox films will combine characters, although he later said there were no firm plans to do so. [8/19/13]
- Director/producer Louis D’Esposito claimed that Marvel is eyeing a solo film with a female lead. [9/6/13]
- James Mangold and Hugh Jackman are in negotiations to re-team for a third standalone Wolverine film. [11/7/13]
- Marvel has a roadmap through 2028. [4/4/14]
- A third Thor film will appear in Phase Three. [4/7/14]
- Brian K. Vaughn’s coming of age superhero comic The Runaways was rumored to be in development as far back as 2008, but in September 2013, the film’s screenwriter Drew Pearce claimed the movie was shelved in favor of The Avengers. Marvel hasn’t given up on the project yet though, but it would be Phase Three or later. [4/7/14]
- Feige has stated that as part of Marvel’s long term roadmap, they are looking at making solo films based on characters that were introduced in other films. [4/7/14]
- Some development on a standalone Black Widow film has begun, according to Feige. If that does lead to a film, it would be at some point in Phase Three or Phase Four. [4/7/14]
Next Page: Marvel TV Shows