Batman: Arkham Knight was released in June, and while the console versions of the game mostly performed fine, the PC version was so plagued by bugs and other issues that it was quickly pulled from store shelves. While some who bought the game managed to play through with few issues, others were left with a game that didn’t work.
A small patch was released last month with promises of a larger patch coming soon. That patch has not yet arrived, but at least it’s getting closer to release, according to an update on the Batman: Arkham Knight Steam page.
“The teams have been working hard to address the issues with the PC version of the game,” the update reads. “We are happy to confirm that we are now putting the first interim patch into testing. If all goes well, we expect to issue the patch in the next few weeks. We’ll be sure to report back in the next two weeks on how the testing is coming along.”
The patch doesn’t fix all of the game’s issues, but it appears to be far more substantial than the last patch. Below are some of the fixes included.
- Reduced frame rate hitches
- Optimized system memory and VRAM usage
- Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
- Min Spec AMD GPU is once again the Radeon HD 7870 2GB
- More Robust In-Game Settings, including:
- Added the ability to change settings for Max FPS to 30/60/90
- Added toggles for Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, and Film Grain
- Added a “High” Texture Resolution value
- Added Texture Filtering option
- Added an Adaptive V-Sync option (NVIDIA only)
- Added VRAM Usage Meter
- Added Mouse Sensitivity Slider & Mouse Smoothing Option
- Fixed low resolution texture bugs
- Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)
The team is also working on adding DLC / Season Pass content, Photo Mode, and the ability to skip the game’s boot up splash screens. It’s worth pointing out that this is still the “interim” patch promised earlier this summer, and that more patches are still planned.
Currently, Batman: Arkham Knight is still not available for purchase on the PC. There is currently no word on when the game will go on sale again.