Sony kicked off its PlayStation Experience fan gathering in Las Vegas with a meaty look at Naughty Dog’s Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End in action. And you know what? It sure looks like Uncharted.
Not a bad thing. Naughty Dog’s third-person action series is cut from the mold of classic Tomb Raider games, only it goes big on the Hollywood-style presentation and blockbuster set pieces. The game’s lush vistas really pop on the PlayStation 4, but the gameplay is the same, reassuringly familiar platforming-and-fighting-and-puzzle-solving.
With some new wrinkles. There’s knife-meets-porous rock wall-climbing, similar to the 2013 Tomb Raider‘s pickaxe-assisted ascents. Drake’s also got a handy grappling hook that he can use to create rope swings.
See it all for yourself in the video above. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End comes to PlayStation 4 in 2015.
Jump to another part of our PlayStation Experience round-up using the links below:
- Here’s more than 15 minutes of gameplay from Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
- Electronic Arts offers PlayStation fans free games through PSX weekend
- Street Fighter V is a lifetime console exclusive on PS4, according to Sony
- Final Fantasy VII‘s Windows port comes to PS4 in spring 2015
- Twisted Metal creator David Jaffe reveals the notebook doodle multiplayer shooter, Drawn to Death
- Sony’s Santa Monica team preps free-to-play 5v2v5 shooter, Kill Strain
- Hello Games’ open galaxy exploration game No Man’s Sky still looks insane
- PlayStation 4 trailers & news
- PlayStation Vita trailers & news
- PlayStation 3 trailers & news