A selection of new media apps just went live on Xbox One, including those for the Pandora music streaming service and the music video channel Vevo. Five new apps, all free, are available for download right now. Although the apps themselves are free, some do require additional subscriptions in order to access all of their content.
The new media apps are:
- Pandora — Discover new music with this streaming service that procedurally generates playlists based on an initial song, artist, genre, or composer. Further feedback trains your customized stations to better suit your tastes. Pandora is available for Xbox Live members in the United States only.
- Vevo — Launched in 2009, Vevo rapidly became a dominant source of online music videos, hosting a disproportionately large selection of the most-viewed YouTube videos of all time. Now music fans can get their video fix on their Xbox One in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States.
- Bravo Now — Like HBO Go, FXNow, or Showtime Anytime, Bravo Now is the app-hub of the Bravo television network, providing an easy way to access Bravo programming like Top Chef, Inside the Actor’s Studio, and Real Housewives of Wherever. A cable subscription is required to log in, and the app is only available in the United States.
- Telemundo Now — Like Bravo Now, Telemundo Now is a hub for all of the Spanish language network’s content such as Novelas, Shows, and Specials, along with ancillary material like interviews and behind-the-scenes features. It also requires a TV service provider to log in and is only available in the United States.
- Popcornflix — Popcornflix offers free, ad-supported streaming of films (mostly independent) and original webisode content. More films are added daily, catering to a wide range of tastes. Popcornflix for Xbox One is available in the United States and Canada.
All of these apps are available right now via Xbox Live, adding to the ever-growing list of ways to squeeze more entertainment out of your Xbox One.