Gator Sound is the latest product from New York-based Pyle Audio (founded in the ‘60s as a leading manufacturer of high-quality advanced woofers), and it promises to let you bring seamless, hands-free phone conversations and tunes-listening into the shower or bathtub.
This reminds us of the Bluetooth shower speaker by Kohler that we reviewed last fall, only it was actually a shower head, not just a speaker — but you can leave your shower’s hardware alone and jam or take calls with Gator Sound. The speaker comes with an integrated plastic hook for hanging on any surface, including your shower head.
The specs listed on the Gator’s product page mysteriously detail everything about the device except for the size of the two “stereo sound speakers,” as Pyle puts it. If they’re not worth describing in technical terms, we can probably assume that they weren’t designed with audiophiles in mind. But that’s not really the point — the point is that you can listen to music and talk on the phone, hands-free, while enjoying a hot shower or luxurious bubble bath! And you don’t need to worry about the close proximity of water, as Gator Sound has an IPX-6 rating on the IP Code waterproof scale (1 through 8 — 8 being the highest degree of protection), allowing submersion up to 3.3 feet.
Here are some other factors when considering Gator Sound:
- Built-in microphone with noise-cancellation for crystal-clear conversations
- Push-control connection to virtually all Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Integrated rechargeable lithium battery and USB charging cable for 25 hours of playtime
- Enhanced bass production and accurate restoration of lows, mids and highs
- Available in blue, black and white