ACT! data is synchronized with Pocket Outlook so users always have access to their contacts, calendars, to-do items, and notes and histories on each contact record when they are away from their deskor out of the office.
â€œACT! users have always understood the benefits of data integration at the contact level, allowing them to see entire contact histories from a single view,” said Greg Head, ACT! general manager. “Now our Pocket PC users receive all the benefits of ACT’s award-winning contact management program on their favorite Pocket PC device without having to settle for PIM (personal information manager) functionality that produces separate islands of contact information.â€
ACT! Link for Pocket PC integrates seamlessly with ACT! 6.0. Users can choose to synchronize all of their contact records or only select groups of contacts. Users with multiple ACT! databases can change which database is synchronized to their Pocket PC at any time. ACT! Link for Pocket PC works on all Pocket PC devices including Compaq iPAQ, HP Jornada, Dell Axim, Toshiba Pocket PC, and Casio Cassiopeia.
“ACT! Link for Pocket PC has eliminated all those sticky notes and printed phone lists I used to need when I was out of the office. Now, when I am offsite, I can look-up recent activities and notes on a particular contact record prior to meeting with them,â€ said John Davenport, president and CEO, United Paneling, Plywood & Lumber. â€œI can enter notes directly into my Pocket PC and sync when I return to the office so both my computer and my PDA always have the most up-to-date information.”
ACT! Link for Pocket PC users can:
- Synchronize over 30 pre-defined contact fields and up to 20 ACT! notes and history items for each contact with the ability to choose which history types to synchronize.
- Create new contacts on the device or in ACT! and have those automatically added to ACT! or Pocket Outlook during the next synchronization.
- Create and edit contact details, activities, or notes and histories in both ACT! and on the device and the changes will update in both systems during next synchronization.
- View daily, weekly, and monthly calendars in Pocket Outlook displaying ACT! timed activities including calls, meetings, and to-do items with the ability to view all activities by type.
- View a list of daily activities and with one tap view such details as the contact/company/phone number for whom the activity is scheduled.
- Receive ACT! alarms for calls, meetings, and to-do’s.
- Manage tasks easily with the ability to complete a task on the device and have it cleared in ACT!; sort by completed, priority, and due date just like with ACT!; and mark a task as private on the device and it will be marked private in ACT!.
“ACT! Link for Pocket PC was exactly what I was looking for. With speed and precision I can now synchronize my entire ACT! database of over 7,000 contacts with my Pocket PC,â€ said Jason S. Smith, sales & marketing director, IC Business Group, Inc. â€œHaving access to all of my critical information, quickly and efficiently, is critical in my industry â€” we’re always on the road talking to customers!”
Pricing and Availability
ACT! Link for Pocket PC is available today and retails for $39.95 for full box product and $34.95 for ESD. The product is available on the ACT! eStore at www.act.com/estore. Volume licensing is also available for companies desiring 10 licenses or more by calling 1-888-855-5222.