The OnePlus 2 may not be the flagship killer that OnePlus claims, but it’s still a lot of phone for the money. Unfortunately, there have been quite a few reports of OnePlus 2 problems posted in a number of forums. We’ve gathered together some of the most common issues — from random reboots to unresponsive buttons — and found possible workarounds and solutions for each one. Check them out below.
Bug: Random reboots
There have been a number of complaints about random reboots with the OnePlus 2, and this is a problem we saw with the OnePlus One as well. There are a few things you can try:
- A few people have suggested the problem goes away or is lessened when they turn Wi-Fi off or remove the SIM card. These are obviously not particularly useful solutions.
- Make sure that you have the latest Oxygen software. It should roll out over the air, so just make sure you’re connected to Wi-Fi and update when prompted.
- Incompatibility with an app might be the cause of your issue. If you notice that crashes or reboots occur frequently when you use a specific app, then try uninstalling it.
- You could try a factory reset via Settings > Backup and reset > Reset, and then selectively reinstall apps, watching out for a recurrence as you do.
- Contact OnePlus support. They should help you flash a new ROM and then arrange a replacement if that doesn’t work, but it may take a while.