Previously, mobile phone users have had to pay separate fees to service providers to watch TV. However, the SCH-X820 has a built-in TV tuner that receives TV broadcasts directly from the station free of charge.
Importantly, the TV Phone’s high-performance antenna, which receives both TV and mobile phone signals, provides high-quality TV images. For added convenience, the phone can automatically select the channels with excellent reception. The TV screen can be adjusted for viewing either horizontally or vertically. Moreover, an earphone can be connected so as not to disturb others.
In addition, the user can capture and download up to 50 frames of any TV broadcast (such as a favorite scene or dramatic sports play) for use as the screen background image.
The main screen is a 262,000-color TFT-LCD that reproduces high quality images. The SCH-X820 also has an external 256-color organic electro-luminescence display.
A Samsung Electronics spokesperson said, â€œWe now have a camera phone, camcorder phone and TV phone in our multimedia mobile phone lineup, and we will soon add a music-on-demand phone, as we aggressively go after the domestic market.â€
The SCH-X820 will retail for under KRW700,000 in Korea.
– The phone receives TV broadcasts over public access channels.
– Tiny, high-performance antenna provides clear pictures and sound.
– Channels can be automatically selected and the screen can be viewed either horizontally or vertically.
– Up to 50 frames of TV broadcast can be captured and downloaded for use as a screen background image.
– Samsung is aggressively going after the Korean market with a lineup of multimedia mobile phones.
91.1mm long x 49.8mm wide x 25.3mm high (standard model)
91.1mm long x 49.8mm wide x 29.4mm high (high-capacity model)
121g (standard), 138g (high-capacity)
Main: 262,000-color TFT-LCD (176 x 200 pixels)
External: 256-colr organic EL LCD (96 x 64 pixels)
Standard Battery (780mA)
High-capacity Battery (1,560mA)
– Continuous Use
About 115 minutes
About 235 minutes
Pictures can be found in our message boards.