Samsung has begun rolling out an update to the Gear Fit, Gear 2, and Gear 2 Neo. According to the South Korean company, the update is based on customer feedback.
Key enhancements as part of the update include:
- Pedometer is more accurate and starts counting steps automatically
- Higher pedometer goals
- An easier pedometer data transfer process
- Improved heart rate monitor accuracy
- Updated Sleep Mode that disables the screen wake-up feature, so you can wear it while sleeping without being disturbed
- More options for messages sent to rejected calls and the ability to create custom messages
To download the update, you’ll need to download it from the Gear Manager app on your paired Samsung smartphone. Just recently, Fleksy announced that its popular Android keyboard would make its way to the Gear 2.
As for original Galaxy Gear owners, you’re not left out in the update fun. A few weeks ago, Samsung updated the wearable in order for it to run the company’s operating system, Tizen, instead of Android.