Heading to the Caribbean or Latin American for vacay? If you’re staying at one of these 17 Marriott properties, then leave the camera at home. Marriott announced a partnership with GoPro that will let guests check out a Hero4 action cam. Since many of the hotels are located in places where water activities like swimming, snorkeling, boating, etc. take place, being able to check out a Hero4 cameras is a nice perk.
All the hotel guest has to do is go to the front desk and ask to check out the camera. Users are invited to share their footage with Marriott via social networking of their choice (using the hashtags #GoPro, #travelbrilliantly, and #viajegenial), and Marriott will pick some to show on its Travel Brilliantly website, social media channels, as well as on the TVs inside hotel rooms. For GoPro, it’s a great way to advertise the product; for guests, it means one less item to pack. From experiments with Oculus Rift to in-hotel social networking, the campaign is another example of Marriott incorporating technology to appeal to the modern traveler.
The Hero4 is a fantastic little camera. It shoots great-looking videos, and it’s a fun device to use. The small size makes it an appealing action travel camera. See our full review of the Hero4 Silver here.
The hotels are:
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
- CasaMagna Marriott Cancun Resort
- CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Costa Rica Marriott Hotel San Jose
- Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino
- Frenchman’s Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort
- Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
- JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
- JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort
- JW Marriott Hotel Lima
- JW Marriott Hotel Quito
- JW Marriott Hotel Rio de Janeiro
- JW Marriott El Convento Cusco
- JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort
- Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
- San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
- Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino