The fi-4530C was unveiled at the AIIM 2003 Exposition and Conference in New York City in April and was selected as a “Best of AIIM 2003” winner by Transform Magazine, which specifically acknowledged its ‘ledger scanning and compact footprint’ as standout features.
The new fi-4530C scanner brings decentralized, high quality image capture to the desktop at a highly competitive price. Targeting the cost-conscious and performance demanding departmental market segment, FCPA’s Imaging Products Group (IPG) has priced the fi-4530C starting at less than $4,000 U.S. list price.
Key highlights of the fi-4530C include:
- The smallest A3 footprint on the market today, occupying only 11.9″ x 16″ x 9″ (H x W x D) of desktop space — comparable in size to an A4 inkjet printer — and a design that makes it the first departmental level scanner built specifically for quiet operation.
- The departmental scanner is equipped with a 100-page automatic document feeder (ADF) that handles document sizes ranging from 2.1″ x 2.9″ to 11″ x 17″, and possesses duplex and color capabilities at speeds up to 47 pages-per-minute (ppm)/47 images-per-minute (ipm) in landscape mode — paper handling that did not previously exist at the departmental level.
- True 600 dpi output without interpolation and print-on-demand image quality.
- Ultrasonic double-feed detection, which helps prevent lost images and enables larger batches of mixed document types to be scanned quickly, reliably, and automatically.
- Bundled AdobeÂ® AcrobatÂ® 5.0 software , to allow easy conversion of any document to an Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) file.
- Dual interface of SCSI-II and Hi-Speed USB.
“The market continues to see a strong trend of businesses migrating to decentralized scanning models,” said Victor Kan, senior director of product management, Imaging Products Group, Fujitsu Computer Products of America. “With this continuing trend, we have also witnessed many companies trying to enter the crowded decentralized scanning marketplace. Fujitsu has always been a leader in the enterprise-level document imaging industry. Our long-standing relationships with customers and partners allows us to benchmark industry trends and strategically capitalize on them to bring ground-breaking products, such as the fi-4530C, to market. “
For more information about Fujitsu scanners, including the new fi-4530C, call 800-626-4686 or visit: http://www.fcpa.fujitsu.com
Service Options for the Fujitsu fi-4530C
Fujitsu offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of service programs in the industry which are now available for the fi-4530C. From Fujitsu’s flagship preventative maintenance program, ScanCare