Including the world’s smallest flatbed all-in-one and a home office all-in-one with networking capabilities. Ideal for anyone tight on space, the HP PSC 1210 is the world’s smallest flatbed all-in-one, combining photo-quality color printing, scanning and copying in one streamlined product.
Also announced, the HP Officejet 7100 series, together with the existing HP Jetdirect 280m and 200m accessories,(2) brings easy-to-use wireless networking capabilities to consumers. With the Officejet 7100 series, small business and home office consumers can access a complete and versatile range of color printing, copying, scanning and faxing capabilities to tackle nearly any digital imaging, creative printing or networked, high-volume printing need.
Sales of all-in-ones continue to explode, largely contributing to triple-digit growth for HP’s Imaging and Printing Group during the holidays. According to the NPD Group, HP held 70 percent of the inkjet all-in-one market in December 2002.(3) HP continues to focus on bringing consumers the kind of technology they’re asking for — specifically in the area of digital imaging, which analysts say is key for success.
“The company with the broadest portfolio will win,” said David Haueter, senior industry analyst, Gartner, Inc. “As this category is increasingly driven by digital imaging, companies that can provide the digital camera, scanner and printer product lines to fulfill the digital imaging needs of the consumer are well-positioned to reap the benefits.”
“Further strengthening our personal printing product line, HP is aligning with customer needs around networked printing and space savings in the home and small offices,” said John Solomon, printer category manager, HP Imaging and Printing Group. “With this introduction, HP continues to offer a printer for nearly every job at a variety of affordable prices.”
The HP Officejet 7100 series includes the 7110, 7130 and 7140xi, each offering a variation of in-the-box accessories. All 7100 series models are compatible with the HP Jetdirect 280m and 200m accessories for full-featured network printing and scanning capabilities and select network faxing capabilities.
Features of the HP PSC 1210 and HP Officejet 7130 all-in-ones include:
HP PSC 1210
- Estimated U.S. retail price of $149(4)
- World’s smallest flatbed all-in-one
- Functionality of three products in one: color printer, scanner and copier
- Up to 4,800 x 1,200 optimized dots per inch (dpi)(5) produces vibrant, true-to-life photo-quality prints when using HP‘s premium photo paper
- Print speeds of up to 12 pages per minute (ppm) in black and up to 10 ppm in color
- Innovative cord design allows the product to sit flush against a wall to further save space
HP Officejet 7130
- Estimated U.S. retail price of $499(4)
- Functionality of four products in one: color printer, flatbed scanner, copier and standalone fax
- Exclusive HP Photo Proof Sheet — select and print photos without a PC
- Flexible networking options with the HP Jetdirect 280m 802.11b wireless print server or the HP Jetdirect 200m LIO internal print server(2)
- Fast print speeds of up to 22 ppm in black and up to 18 ppm in color
- Print photos directly from a digital camera memory card using built-in card slots supporting CompactFlash, Secure Digital, MultiMedia, Sony Memory Stick and Smart Media formats
- Up to 4,800 x 1,200 optimized dpi(5) produces vibrant, true-to-life photo-quality prints when using HP‘s premium photo paper
- Digital collation and automatic two-sided printing
- An online toolbox allows Web-enabled supplies ordering and remote printer support and troubleshooting to prevent unexpected downtime
- 50-page automatic document feeder included in the box
U.S. Pricing and Availability
The HP PSC 1210 and HP Officejet 7100 series all-in-ones are expected to be available within the next few weeks. The HP Officejet 7100 all-in-one series is expected to sell for estimated U.S. retail prices of $399-699.(4) The HP Jetdirect 280m is currently available at an estimated U.S. retail price of $199.(4)
All the all-in-ones above come with a one-year limited warranty backed by HP Customer Care service and support and are available direct from www.hpshopping.com or at consumer electronics stores nationwide.