Our latest weekly episode of Trends with Benefits features Dan Gaul, Ashley Salter, Rick Stella and Greg Nibler.
Topics this week:
• Nintendo Switch console revealed: Nintendo announced it’s newest hardware system today, due to be released in 2017. We detail everything we know about this new device that will be a hybrid of both console and mobile gaming. Are we entering another golden age of gaming?
• Tesla goes fully driverless: Elon Musk has doubled down-on his dream of completely autonomous vehicles, with the proclamation that all future Tesla models will include a full package of autopilot hardware. With all of the public trouble Tesla has had, is this too soon?
• SolarCity pays Airbnb Hosts: SolarCity announced a plan to pay Airbnb hosts $1,000 to install SolarCity solar panels. Will that added incentive be enough to convince someone to pay the upfront costs of going solar?
• Google prepares a streaming network: Google has signed CBS to it’s yet-to-launch streaming network. There are also reports that they are in negotiations with Fox, Disney and Viacom. With this addition, is the streaming TV market becoming too saturated?
• Apple Rumors: Macbook OLED toolbar: Apple has another mysterious event scheduled for 10/27 called “hello again” and rumors are circulating as to what that means. Expect new MacBook Pro laptops, but some speculation hints that they will be introducing an OLED toolbar called the “Magic Toolbar”.
Don’t forget to enter our great contest for a chance to win an Acer Predator 17 X gaming laptop!
Please subscribe and share Trends with Benefits and send in YOUR questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also broadcast the show live on YouTube every Thursday at 2:30 pm PST.