After a chunky and clunky start, Android Wear is beginning to get into its stride. Smartwatches are improving with each new wave, and Google has been busily rolling new features into the software. However, it may be going in the right direction, but it hasn’t gotten there just yet. If you’ve been bumping up against Android Wear problems then you aren’t alone. We’ve collected together a list of common issues and dug up some solutions or advice on how to get around them.
Updated on 5-21-2015 by Simon Hill: Added problems with Android Wear app crashing, can’t connect to Wi-Fi, Ok Google popping up, apps killed on launch, and voice commands triggering search.
Click on a problem or go to the next page:
- Glitch: Rapid battery drain on phone
- Issue: Watch won’t connect to phone
- Problem: Connected, running sync loop
- Issue: Can’t install Android Wear app
- Glitch: Notifications not coming through
- Glitch: Android Wear keeps crashing
- Problem: Can’t connect to Wi-Fi
- Bug: “Ok Google” appearing on watch face
- Issue: Apps killed on launch
- Problem: Voice commands trigger search instead of app