According to the Angry Birds Facebook page, the game will be launching on Facebook in a month’s time.
Angry Birds — which has been out for less than a year — has already surpassed more than 75 million downloads on mobile platforms, which inlcude devices running iOS, Android, Symbian and WebOS. And the game is said to be on course to pass 100 million downloads sometime soon. But an expansion to Facebook could bring the game’s dominance to an all-time high.
So how will a Facebook-based version of Angry Birds be changed from the mobile version? According to the game’s publisher, Rovio, the Facebook iteration of Angry Birds will give the pigs their moment to shine.
There will be completely new aspects to [the Facebook version] that just haven’t been experienced in any other platform,” Rovio CEO Mikael Hed told Develop Online. He added that, because of the “collaborative nature” of Facebook “the pigs will have a more prominent role.”
If you want to keep up to date on all the latest Angry Birds-Facebook news, all you have to do is “Like” the Angry Birds page, and they promise to help further your AB addiction.
With a game this addictive, there’s no question on our minds that a Facebook version of Angry Birds would launch the game — already one of the best-selling games of all-time — to galactic levels.
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- Ubisoft has announced ‘The Division 2,’ and we’ll get a peek at E3
- Wage war on a budget with 10 fun and free first-person shooters for PC and Mac
- Hasbro and Nintendo partner on Mario Kart-themed Monopoly game
- Everything you need to know about Masterwork gear in ‘Destiny 2’