According to the Angry Birds Facebook page, the game will be launching on Facebook in a month’s time.
Angry Birds — which has been out for less than a year — has already surpassed more than 75 million downloads on mobile platforms, which inlcude devices running iOS, Android, Symbian and WebOS. And the game is said to be on course to pass 100 million downloads sometime soon. But an expansion to Facebook could bring the game’s dominance to an all-time high.
So how will a Facebook-based version of Angry Birds be changed from the mobile version? According to the game’s publisher, Rovio, the Facebook iteration of Angry Birds will give the pigs their moment to shine.
There will be completely new aspects to [the Facebook version] that just haven’t been experienced in any other platform,” Rovio CEO Mikael Hed told Develop Online. He added that, because of the “collaborative nature” of Facebook “the pigs will have a more prominent role.”
If you want to keep up to date on all the latest Angry Birds-Facebook news, all you have to do is “Like” the Angry Birds page, and they promise to help further your AB addiction.
- The best free iPhone games to play right now
- Angry Birds AR: Isle of Pigs brings 3D demolition into your living room
- The best New Year’s resolution apps
- Facebook Instant Games gets live-streams so you can show off your skills
- With Facebook Local, you’ll never have that fear of missing out