The big tax deadline is only a couple weeks away, but if you’re like me, you probably haven’t done your taxes yet. Despite a prevalence of app creators and a booming Internet development community, TurboTax remains the best service to help you do your taxes online and now it has fully functional tablet and smartphone apps out on Android and iOS as well.
Today (3/30) through Sunday (4/1), anyone can file taxes for free on the TurboTax Android tablet app. To get the deal, you have to have a tablet running Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) or Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). If you can’t tell, just ask in the comments below and tell me what model your tablet is. Generally, if it’s a 10.1-inch tablet or came out in the last year, it will run Honeycomb. Just start a return before the deadline is up and you’ll get to file your state and federal taxes for free. Normally, it costs $30 or more. The deal is not compatible with the Android phone version of the app, according to a representative.
Here’s a link to TurboTax on the Google Play store.
If you guys know of any other, or better, apps for filing taxes, let me know. We’ll be compiling some items for tax season in the week ahead.
Update: State and Federal taxes are included.
- For today only, Amazon offers a bundled TurboTax and Quicken subscription deal
- The best tax software for filing your taxes in 2019
- Amazon discounts TurboTax, H&R Block, and Quickbooks tax software
- Don’t procrastinate, Credit Karma lets you file your taxes online for free
- The best budgeting apps for Android and iOS