Is HTC about to go head to head with Samsung in the large smartphone market? According to DigiTimes, the Taiwanese manufacturer will release a 5-inch flagship smartphone in September or October. The new device will sport a 1794 x 1080 pixel resolution. That will make it a competitor for Samsung’s Galaxy Note range which is somewhere between a smartphone and a tablet.
The demand for super-sized smartphones is still uncertain but that hasn’t stopped LG from releasing the 5-inch Optimus Vu and there are strong rumors about an impending Galaxy Note 2 from Samsung.
HTC has suffered a few setbacks of late after a stunning initial success in the Android smartphone market. This move could help the company to gain some ground on its competitors.
We don’t know anything else about the device just yet but an article at The Verge suggests that it might be the HTC phone in this GLBenchmark result. That would confirm the Android OS and suggest a 1.5GHz processor.
We’ll keep you posted.
- Apple iPhone XS Max vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Powerhouse face-off
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: Here’s everything you need to know
- The rise and fall of the Android tablet
- Samsung looks to Huawei for inspiration, and the new Galaxy A7 is born
- Samsung supplier allegedly tried to steal company’s flexible display tech