Details about Huawei’s new Ideos X3 and Slim S7 Android devices have been leaking for the last week, and although the company has not yet released full specs for the devices, more information an images are starting to trickle out…and, at least the new gizmos look good.
The Ideos X3 will be an Android-powered handset that’s apparently intended as a lower-cost followup to the company’s Ideos X5 phone. The device will feature a 3.2-inch display, both front- and rear-facing cameras, and Android 3.0 “Gingerbread,” Huawei is also billing the device as the slimmest Android smartphone it has made. The Ideos X3 will be available in at least four colors—black, silver, red, and blue)—although there’s been no indication who Huawei’s carrier partners might be.
Joining the Ideos line will be the new Slim S7 tablet, a “next-generation” 7-inch Android tablet device with a capacitive touchscreen display, 3G and Wi-Fi wireless networking capability, and a total thickness of 12.5mm. Judging from Huawei’s press materials, it will also sport a kickstand for tabletop display and a front-facing camera to support video chat.
Huawei has also taken the wraps off a new HiLink USB stick for adding 3G capabilities to notebook computers, and the Huawei Mobile Wi-Fi Smart Pro that can enable up to five Wi-Fi devices to share the same mobile broadband connection.
- Honor 9 Lite vs. Honor 9: Can little brother take down its impressive sibling?
- New Huawei MediaPad M5 tablets are a video binge-watcher’s dream
- Here’s everything you need to know about the Huawei P20
- Huawei P20 Pro vs. Huawei P10 Plus: A year is a long time in tech
- Huawei P20 Pro vs Google Pixel 2 XL: Can the P20 Pro dethrone Android royalty?