It’s no secret that Apple devices get an overwhelming amount of attention and support when it comes to speaker docks and accessories. And if you’re (gasp!) one of the many that don’t own one or aren’t too keen on Apple products to begin with then finding solutions for all your accessory needs can be tough. That’s about to change though. Well, at least for Kindle Fire users.
Grace Digital has just announced Matchstick, a speaker dock system made specifically for Amazon’s Kindle Fire. The Matchstick allows users to make full use of the Kindle Fire’s suite of multimedia apps and experience greater levels of audio fidelity and convenience.
Features include built-in stereo speakers, a rotating cradle — sized exclusively for the 7-inch tablet — allowing for viewing from horizontal and vertical angles, a remote control, and power adapter. User on the go can keep the Kindle Fire burning with a 7.4-volt lithium-ion battery pack (sold separately) or plug the Matchstick into a dedicated AC power port. There is even a secondary rear panel aux port for other input types, making the Matchstick compatible with the Samsung Galaxy, iPhone, and iPad.
The Matchstick is available on Amazon.com with a retail price of $130.
- Here’s all the best gear and gadgetry you can snag for $100 or less
- Here’s what’s new on Amazon Prime Video in March 2018
- The most expensive iMac Pro costs over $13,000, and here’s what you could get on a PC
- The best, most stylish smartwatch to buy for him this Valentine’s Day
- International Women’s Day is Facebook’s most-discussed topic in 2017