With the impending release of Apple’s iOS 5, no one actually thought Google would sit tight with Android, letting the new iPhones get all the press. Ice Cream Sandwich, Android’s next generation, has been expected sometime before the fourth quarter. New rumors have even said it may be out sooner.
- The theme has become a pleasant light blue.
- The menus have been tightened up in a major way.
- Gmail has been completely rethemed.
- The camera has built in panorama mode.
- The Google search bar will be embedded at the top.
- Most of the changes are to the user interface so older Android phones will be able to run it.
- It will be available for the Nexus S.
That’s about all we know for now. Until the next leak….
- What is Android? All your questions about the operating system answered
- Google’s Fuchsia OS: Everything you need to know
- Samsung Galaxy S10 to launch February 20: Here’s everything we know
- Only Google should be mad about having to change Android
- Android 8.0 Oreo operating system is now on 19 percent of active devices