We’ve seen it happening for the last few years, but DigiTimes now has a name for it: Apple Shock. The rumor site reports that Apple’s rise back to prominence in the last few years has caused the entire PC industry to reconstruct itself. Everything has been changing: design of products, packaging materials and design, supply chain structure, branding, materials used to build products, market scale, etc.
The site’s research team believes Apple Shock has had three major effects on the PC market:
- Shipments of Apple laptops and tablets have surpassed all other brand vendors in 2011.
- The iPad has “bitten off” demand for netbooks and lower-end PCs and accelerated the laptop industry’s transformation. For the first time, laptop sales will drop of .3 percent in 2011.
- The Wintel (Windows + Intel) dominance may be weakening. Because sales aren’t up to snuff, manufacturers are aggressively trying to transform their products to fight Apple.
- Best cheap Microsoft Surface Pro deals for March 2021
- The best laptop brands for 2021
- Best cheap Apple deals for March 2021
- Best cheap laptop deals for March 2021
- MacBook Pro vs. iPad Pro