We’ve seen it happening for the last few years, but DigiTimes now has a name for it: Apple Shock. The rumor site reports that Apple’s rise back to prominence in the last few years has caused the entire PC industry to reconstruct itself. Everything has been changing: design of products, packaging materials and design, supply chain structure, branding, materials used to build products, market scale, etc.
The site’s research team believes Apple Shock has had three major effects on the PC market:
- Shipments of Apple laptops and tablets have surpassed all other brand vendors in 2011.
- The iPad has “bitten off” demand for netbooks and lower-end PCs and accelerated the laptop industry’s transformation. For the first time, laptop sales will drop of .3 percent in 2011.
- The Wintel (Windows + Intel) dominance may be weakening. Because sales aren’t up to snuff, manufacturers are aggressively trying to transform their products to fight Apple.
- Best cheap Microsoft Surface Pro deals for October 2021
- Apple Black Friday Deals 2021: Deals you can shop today
- Black Friday Deals 2021: Sales you can show NOW
- Best iPad Deals and Sales for October 2021
- The best wireless keyboards for 2021