Earlier this month, Motorola launched a “try-before-you-buy” program for the company’s Moto X smartphone. By paying a penny, you could test the smartphone for two weeks before either returning it to Motorola or, if you fell in love with it, purchase it outright. Now, it seems that Samsung is following suit with a trial program of its own.
To take advantage of the 21-day trial program, you’ll need to place a deposit down with either your credit or debit card, though it will be refunded when you return the undamaged borrowed device. Eligible devices include the Galaxy S5, Note 3, Gear 2, and Gear Fit.
Unfortunately, in order to borrow a device, you’ll need to make your way to one of five Galaxy Studio retail locations in the United States:
- Dallas-Forth Worth/Frisco, TX: Stonebriar Centre Mall
- Houston/The Woodlands, TX: The Woodlands Mall
- Los Angeles/Canoga Park, CA: Westfield Topanga
- New York City: Samsung Galaxy Studio SoHo
- Santa Clara, CA Westfield Valley Fair
No word on whether the trial program will expand to other locations, or even have devices shipped to you, though we expect some sort of expansion if the program has a large-enough adoption rate.
- Samsung Galaxy Watch Active & Galaxy Fit: Everything you need to know
- How to sell your old Samsung Galaxy (without getting ripped off)
- Here’s where you can buy the brand-new Samsung Galaxy S10
- Get a free pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds when you pre-order the S10
- How to remap the Bixby Key on the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S9, Note 9, and more