Earlier this month, Motorola launched a “try-before-you-buy” program for the company’s Moto X smartphone. By paying a penny, you could test the smartphone for two weeks before either returning it to Motorola or, if you fell in love with it, purchase it outright. Now, it seems that Samsung is following suit with a trial program of its own.
To take advantage of the 21-day trial program, you’ll need to place a deposit down with either your credit or debit card, though it will be refunded when you return the undamaged borrowed device. Eligible devices include the Galaxy S5, Note 3, Gear 2, and Gear Fit.
Unfortunately, in order to borrow a device, you’ll need to make your way to one of five Galaxy Studio retail locations in the United States:
- Dallas-Forth Worth/Frisco, TX: Stonebriar Centre Mall
- Houston/The Woodlands, TX: The Woodlands Mall
- Los Angeles/Canoga Park, CA: Westfield Topanga
- New York City: Samsung Galaxy Studio SoHo
- Santa Clara, CA Westfield Valley Fair
No word on whether the trial program will expand to other locations, or even have devices shipped to you, though we expect some sort of expansion if the program has a large-enough adoption rate.
- Everything you need to know about Samsung Pay
- How to watch Samsung’s Galaxy Unpacked August 2018 event
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus: Here’s everything you need to know
- Here’s everything you need to know about the 2018 Samsung Galaxy J7, Galaxy J3
- The best affordable Samsung phone deals available now