Yesterday, we reported that Verizon admitted to its third major data outage in less than a month and the fourth for 2011. The issue appears to be related to the others, mainly affecting the wireless carrier’s 4G LTE network. Verizon claims that no 3G services have been affected, though we’ve been experiencing intermittent trouble accessing 3G and 4G services on a Galaxy Nexus in Michigan.
Two hours ago, Verizon Tweeted to inform everyone that services were back online: “4GLTE issue resolved overnight. 3G operated normally; calling, texting were unaffected.”
We can confirm that our device is getting 4G LTE service at this moment.
During the last two outages we’ve been unable to connect to 4G or 3G service. Without 3G, almost all network services, aside from texting and calling, are unreachable. Have any of you experienced these outages, and if so, was it just a lack of 4G or did you lose 3G as well? Please let us know where you live and if the other outages affected you.
How long until we experience another outage?
- 5G is coming — here’s what to expect, and when to expect it on your carrier
- From Boost to Cricket, these little carriers could save you big bucks
- Which Verizon plan is best for you? We check out family, individual, and prepaid
- CDMA vs. GSM: What’s the difference between these cellular standards?
- These 19 companies will offer 5G devices by 2019. Where’s Apple?