Verizon users, the Spring has been lean on big phone releases, but there are some heavy hitters on the way. BGR has posted a vague roadmap of phones coming to Verizon Wireless later this year. No timeframes are given, very little concrete information seems to be known, and the article doesn’t hint at or even mention a source, but four new phones are mentioned in the piece.
Here are the four potential phones coming to Verizon:
- Samsung Galaxy S III
- Motorola Razr models (“multiple” Razrs coming, likely offshoots like the Razr Maxx)
- HTC 5-inch phone with a stylus (Galaxy Note competitor)
- iPhone 5 (or whatever it’s called)
The site speculates that the Razrs and Galaxy S III will be available around summer time, while the HTC Galaxy Note competitor and next iPhone will come out in the fall, as expected.
For those of you who like specs, the big HTC phone is rumored to have a quad-core Krait processor, Adreno 320 graphics processor, HTC Sense 5.0 UI, a 5-inch screen, a stylus pen of some sort, and full 1080p display (which would be a first). While the 1920 x 1080 pixel screen is certainly exciting, we’re not incredibly fond of the new breed of giant 5-inch monster phones. The LG Optimus Vu is another one of these and is equally awkward to use. If you are a fan of giant screens, you’re in for a treat, I suppose.
That’s all we know so far. Even if true, keep in mind that this is not a full roadmap. Verizon will release many other phones throughout the year both on the high-end and low-end. We’ve heard that it will push Windows Phone 8 later this year, which isn’t mentioned in this
- Comparing smartphones to find the most bezel-less design
- Everything you need to know about the Essential PH-1 phone
- The Galaxy S9 Plus vs. Galaxy Note 8: Samsung’s heavyweights slug it out
- Everything you need to know about the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL
- Everything you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy Note 9