Sketchy as it sounded that software could somehow remedy the signal loss caused by connecting two pieces of metal together, we had to give Apple the benefit of the doubt when it claimed it could. Now that iOS 4.1 with the alleged fix is finally out, the skepticism seems well founded. The signal loss remains.
MobileCrunch recently installed the hot-off-the-press beta version of iOS 4.1 for developers, and it looks like the infamous Death Grip is still in play.
Although the video doesn’t show an actual call dropping due to the issue, or lowered download speeds, it certainly contradicts Apple’s original claim that it was a software bug with the way signal was displayed. Bars still drop significantly after holding it at the bottom left of the screen, and return when released from the hand.
- How to install Flash on an Android phone or tablet
- What to expect from Apple’s October 30 event: New MacBooks, iPads
- Apple iPhone XR vs. iPhone 8 vs. iPhone 7 vs. iPhone 6s: Which is best for you?
- Apple, government contractors were hacked using tiny Chinese chips, report says
- Apple iPhone XS: News, release, specs, and more