Apple sure can take a hint—although they’ve only tried to fix one problem among the many that currently plague the 27-inch iMac. Apple released 27-inch iMac Display Firmware Update 1.0 late Monday, which the company says will “address issues that may cause intermittent display flickering” for the problematic iMacs released in 2009. This 294KB update will only fix [fingers crossed] the flickering issue with the iMacs—like we said, this firmware update will only try to fix one of the many problems with the iMacs. The yellowing screen still has no quick fix or a reason for its discoloration, which is understandable since Apple refuses to formally acknowledge the actual issue.
Apple released an update this past December to take on another flickering issue concerning the graphics firmware. We’re not sure whether Apple is in denial or if they’re just ignoring the fact that their customers are irritated—time to put some more fixes out there Steve.
- Apple’s T2 chip may be causing issues in iMac Pro and 2018 MacBook Pros
- The most common Xbox One problems, and how to fix them
- Mac Mini could make a comeback this year with a rumored refresh
- Apple’s MacBook Pro throttling fix seems to be working
- Common Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL problems, and how to fix them