9to5Mac is suggesting the tech giant is gearing up to unveil some big changes to its Mac lineup as well as launch a range of new accessories.
Describing the expected hardware announcements as “incredible,” the report says this year’s WWDC in San Francisco could well be “the biggest simultaneous launch of new Macs in Apple’s history.”
The Cupertino company is set to update at least four out of its five Mac lines, 9to5Mac’s sources said. Here’s a breakdown of what we might expect to see:
- A refreshed MacBook Pro sporting a thinner design, faster processor and high-resolution Retina display.
- An updated MacBook Air with a Retina display.
- A new look iMac. While the iMac’s specifications were boosted last year with a better processor, improved graphics system, Thunderbolt ports and a FaceTime HD camera, the physical look of the machine has remained unchanged for the last few years — so we could be seeing a redesigned machine. While there’s been talk of the iMacs being updated with a Retina display, it’s not certain if it’s ready to be announced just yet.
- As for the fourth machine set for a makeover, 9to5Mac isn’t sure if it’s going to be the Mac mini or the Mac Pro. The Mac Pro hasn’t been updated for a while now, while the Mac mini was given an under-the-hood refresh in the middle of last year.
Earlier on Monday, the pre-conference chatter centered around the company’s mobile devices, with details of iOS 6 expected to be announced, as well as updates to iCloud and OS X Mountain Lion.
Some industry watchers are also suggesting Apple could use its conference to make an iPhone 5 announcement, and perhaps throw some light on the possibility of an iPad Mini.
Apple’s WWDC begins on Monday and runs for five days.
- Here are all the best Apple MacBook deals for Cyber Monday 2018
- Costco members can cut up to $200 off MacBook and iMac price tags
- Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch with Touch Bar review
- B&H cuts up to $500 off MacBook Air and MacBook Pros for limited time
- Grab a MacBook for under $800 during the Jet Cyber Monday sale