The latest video to hit the Web comes from YouTube user ‘myithz,’ who describes the building as looking “like a donut.” While this is certainly not an inaccurate description, it’s a safe bet Apple CEO Tim Cook would prefer the more glamorous sounding ‘spaceship’ moniker.
The site for Apple’s new campus covers about 176 acres and is set to include office space across four floors, a research and development facility, fitness centers, dining facilities, an underground 1,000-seat auditorium, and grounds with jogging paths and around 7,000 trees.
The futuristic-looking structure, which will also feature a solar-paneled roof, will be the main workspace for around 14,000 Apple employees.
The bold project was the long-time ambition of company co-founder Steve Jobs, who championed the plan up until his death in 2011. Prominent UK architect Norman Foster came up with the final design, with the building set to open for workers in 2016.
- YouTube to crack down on dangerous stunts like the ‘Bird Box’ challenge
- There’s more space on MySpace after ‘accidental’ wipe of 50 million songs
- Here’s what’s new on Hulu and what’s leaving in April 2019
- What is AirBnb? Here’s all you need to know about being a guest or host
- Amazon says it’s broken its holiday sales record … again