The latest video to hit the Web comes from YouTube user ‘myithz,’ who describes the building as looking “like a donut.” While this is certainly not an inaccurate description, it’s a safe bet Apple CEO Tim Cook would prefer the more glamorous sounding ‘spaceship’ moniker.
The site for Apple’s new campus covers about 176 acres and is set to include office space across four floors, a research and development facility, fitness centers, dining facilities, an underground 1,000-seat auditorium, and grounds with jogging paths and around 7,000 trees.
The futuristic-looking structure, which will also feature a solar-paneled roof, will be the main workspace for around 14,000 Apple employees.
The bold project was the long-time ambition of company co-founder Steve Jobs, who championed the plan up until his death in 2011. Prominent UK architect Norman Foster came up with the final design, with the building set to open for workers in 2016.
- Scammers’ latest phishing attacks are using that little green padlock to fool you
- Google’s updated Recaptcha deters bots without imposing verification tasks
- Triple nuke strike crashes ‘Fallout 76’ server, leaves unanswered questions
- Twitch streamer Disguised Toast has advice for getting into streaming
- Where to watch free movies online