There are pretty much two things most iPhone owners can’t stop talking about, and that would be how much they love their phone, and how much they hate AT&T. Luckily for iPhone lovers the latest offering from Apple the 4S comes in Sprint and Verizon flavors. Glenn Lurie, AT&T’s president of emerging devices, said that AT&T isn’t losing customers due to the iPhone 4S being available on other U.S. carriers. The exact quote goes, “Churn has not moved at all”, the word churn refers to the number of customers who cancel their service.
This news is a little surprising after hearing so many iPhone users on AT&T complaining about the lack of service on their phones. Prior to the Verizon launch of the iPhone there was a survey that said half of the U.S. iPhone owners would leave AT&T for Verizon. This clearly hasn’t been the case, even though AT&T iPhones drop more calls than Verizon iPhones.
Lurie officially states that customer loyalty is the reason for people sticking with AT&T instead of switching. We think that there might be some other reason as to why people aren’t jumping ship. Most likely people who have a grandfathered discounted rate with unlimited data that don’t want to pay a premium to change carriers. Whatever the reason, it is a little surprising to see this news, and next time you hear an iPhone user complaining about AT&T you can just ignore them.
- T-Mobile, AT&T will help customers stay connected throughout the Olympics
- Verizon, AT&T under investigation for allegedly colluding to block eSIM tech
- Qualcomm’s ‘Always On’ PCs are coming to T-Mobile and AT&T
- T-Mobile is celebrating Earth Day with $250,000 and a lot of trees
- Switching to AT&T? We break down the carrier’s new unlimited and prepaid plans