In what’s becoming a weekly occurrence, AT&T is offering a new deal to its users. Starting Friday, iPhone customers have been receiving a text message from the carrier alerting them they’ve been gifted 1,000 free rollover minutes. It seems to be AT&T’s little way of saying “thanks for not ditching us for the Verizon iPhone.”
AT&T hasn’t issued a press release confirming the offering, but 9to5Mac has confirmed the deal. And if you’re an AT&T iPhone subscriber who has not yet received the valuable text message, sending an SMS to 11113020 that reads “YES” by the end of March should do the trick. We tried out sending this text to the number and indeed received the following response: “Thank you for accepting our free 1000 bonus Rollover minute offer. Please allow up to 4 weeks for processing.” So expect a wait until the minutes are actually added to your account.
This is just the latest in AT&T’s handful of offers. Most recently, the network began its new Mobile to Any Mobile program, allowing users who qualify to receive unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling. Shortly before that, it announced it would be expanding its tethering capabilities. And of course, we all heard that maybe, just maybe, AT&T iPhone customers will get their unlimited data plans back. Anything else you want, AT&T iPhone subscribers? Now’s the time to ask.
- Switching to the ‘Un-carrier?’ Here’s a breakdown of T-Mobile’s plans
- Xfinity Mobile will throttle streaming resolution to 480p, hot spots at 3G
- Mint Mobile makes it easier to try before you buy with money-back trial
- From Boost to Cricket, these little carriers could save you big bucks
- Switching to AT&T? We break down the carrier’s new unlimited and prepaid plans