Boston Acoustics has pushed out an update to its dual-alarm iPod speaker system, dubbed the Duo-I plus. The unit works with iPods and is now “Works with iPhone” certified, and features dual alarms, an AM/FM tuner (with 15 available presets), and a 360-degree “snooze ring” handy for slapping when you just don’t want to get up yet.
The Duo-i plus features two 3.5-inch speakers and BassTrac processor for enhanced low-end response at all volume levels. While the unit is designed to work with iPods and iPhones, it also sports two aux input jacks for connecting other media players or devices, sports a subwoofer output in case you want to link up a powered sub somewhere discrete, and features a headphone output for listening without disturbing anyone nearby. The unit also functions as a clock (of course!) and comes with a remote control for easy management.
The Duo-i plus should be available in October for a suggested price of $249.99—which seems like a lot for an iPod clock radio, but the unit’s predecessor, the Duo-i, was well-regarded by the iPod community. The Duo-i plus will be available in either a white or black glossy finish.
- 30 iPhone 7 tips, tricks, and features to make you adore it even more
- Which Echo to buy: Here’s a rundown of all the Alexa speakers
- These 31 essential Apple Watch tips and tricks will help you master it
- The 20 best iPhone 7 Plus cases to protect your Apple phone
- Speakers for TV, surround sound speakers, soundbars, more: Speakers Explained