A Chicago Tribune report said the incident occurred at Apple’s Lincoln Park store in Chicago at about 6.30pm, adding that one person was treated at the scene for minor injuries. The driver of the car was described as “elderly”.
Twitter user @RGR3 posted a photo (below) of the scene minutes after the car smashed through the store’s glass front.
According to witnesses, the car reportedly came through the front entrance “and made it about four or five feet inside, where it seemed to turn and rested near display cases holding headphones and other accessories.”
Looking at the carnage, it’s easy to imagine a fair few Apple products bought it. The car’ll probably need a lick of paint, too. Thankfully though, no one appears to have been seriously injured in the accident.
[via The Verge] [Images: top – Chicago Tribune; middle – Apple; bottom – RGR3]
- Amazon Go: Checkout-less store heading to two more cities
- The best Android games currently available (May 2018)
- Face ID on your iPhone X giving you grief? The fix may surprise you
- DNA link to Golden State Killer raises questions of privacy versus safety
- Target will deliver your large in-store purchases straight to your door