A Chicago Tribune report said the incident occurred at Apple’s Lincoln Park store in Chicago at about 6.30pm, adding that one person was treated at the scene for minor injuries. The driver of the car was described as “elderly”.
Twitter user @RGR3 posted a photo (below) of the scene minutes after the car smashed through the store’s glass front.
According to witnesses, the car reportedly came through the front entrance “and made it about four or five feet inside, where it seemed to turn and rested near display cases holding headphones and other accessories.”
Looking at the carnage, it’s easy to imagine a fair few Apple products bought it. The car’ll probably need a lick of paint, too. Thankfully though, no one appears to have been seriously injured in the accident.
[via The Verge] [Images: top – Chicago Tribune; middle – Apple; bottom – RGR3]
- Swiss Apple Store evacuated after an iPhone battery begins emitting smoke
- Get your gaming on the go with the 25 best Android games
- Check out the $10 and under store for the best Amazon deals going on now
- Shopping at Amazon’s Go stores feels like a heist. And we love it
- Microsoft pulls Store app that lets you safely install Google’s Chrome browser