Epic Games is extremely close to releasing its first game for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. The previously dubbed “Project Sword,” now has an official title – Infinity Blade – and some screenshots of the game have been released for a little more detail.
It’s an action, medieval-set RPG (no big surprises there), in which you engage in 3D sword fights. If you want some first-hand experience before the official release, you can explore it in the free app, Epic Citadel.
This is the first game for mobile devices released by the enormously popular Gears of War developer — and specifically for Apple iOS users. So if you don’t use an Apple device, looks like you’re out of luck for the initial launch of the game. On the plus side, there will be a multi-player option available from Apple’s Game Center.
Since the games announcement at an Apple Special Event in September, Epic Games has been hyping up this release. The developer has promised that being a hand-held game is not going to diminish the experience, saying Infinity Blade will be “Taking handheld gaming to new heights,” and describing it as “graphically intense.”
There’s no price or release date yet, but it’s safe to assume the swiftly-approaching holiday season will see its introduction to the App Store.
- What’s this new foam that Nike is working on?
- ‘Fortnite’ overtakes ‘PUBG’ record with 3.4 million players at one time
- Epic Games is pulling the plug on ‘Paragon’ after the success of ‘Fortnite’
- Nike debuts the Epic React Flyknit sneaker with an all-foam bottom
- Unpimp my ride! The 9 worst car modifications will make you ask ‘Why?’