Mozilla Firefox users take note: a new version released yesterday, points out tech blog Gizmodo, â€œwas released yesterday with security fixes and improvements to product stability, so don’t walk but run to download itâ€.
The updates to version 188.8.131.52, as stated in the release notes posted by Mozilla, includes Unversial Binary support for Mac OS X, meaning native support is now avaialble for Intel-based Macs. Security problems addressed in this newest release include fixes for the following:
- Spoofing with translucent windows
- Security check of js_ValueToFunctionObject() can be circumvented
- Privilege escalation through Print Preview
- Privilege escalation using crypto.generateCRMFRequest
- File stealing by changing input type
- CSS Letter-Spacing Heap Overflow Vulnerability
- Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:184.108.40.206)
As this looks to be a major upgrade, Mozilla recommends all Firefox users upgrade to this latest version.