Today Apple released its iTunes Rewind 2011 list, looking back over the most popular and bestselling music and apps from the past year. To no one’s surprise, Instagram took home the coveted “iPhone App of the Year” prize, confirming what we all knew about the photo filter tool.
Despite being iPhone-only, Instagram has rocketed to 15 million users and continues to focus on creating that Android app.
Now we’ve written about the many ideas Instagram has inspired before, but these applications and services have multiplied faster than the company’s staff (which remains at 10). So in honor of its prestigious “App of the Year” title, here’s a refreshed look at products we have Instagram to thank for.
- 24 hours hands-on with the iPhone 13, Pro, Max, and Mini: Refinements all around
- iPhone 13 and new iPads hit by Apple Music bug
- iPhone 13: First customers get their hands on Apple’s new device
- The best iPhone 13 Pro screen protectors: Shield like a pro
- How to use an Apple Watch to control your iPhone camera