Today Apple released its iTunes Rewind 2011 list, looking back over the most popular and bestselling music and apps from the past year. To no one’s surprise, Instagram took home the coveted “iPhone App of the Year” prize, confirming what we all knew about the photo filter tool.
Despite being iPhone-only, Instagram has rocketed to 15 million users and continues to focus on creating that Android app.
Now we’ve written about the many ideas Instagram has inspired before, but these applications and services have multiplied faster than the company’s staff (which remains at 10). So in honor of its prestigious “App of the Year” title, here’s a refreshed look at products we have Instagram to thank for.
- Best Black Friday iPhone deals 2021: Sales you can shop right now
- The best iPhone to buy in 2021
- These are the features making me love the iPhone 13 Pro’s camera
- The best iPhone 11 wallet cases and covers
- How to create, customize, and use Memoji in Apple’s iOS