Our new, third-generation iPad 3 just arrived minutes ago. We don’t usually do the whole unboxing rigmarole but what the hell. It’s a new iPad after all. The reigning king of all tablets. We’ll have a complete review of the new device soon, but for now, here are some photos of its packaging, the tablet itself from different angles, and how it compares to the Amazon Kindle Fire and Motorola Xoom. These two tablets represent Android 7-inch and 10.1-inch competing tablets well. Most of what you see here should look eerily familiar. The new iPad is mostly identical to the iPad 2, though it is noticeably heavier and slightly thicker.
Check out our list of apps that have been upgraded to take advantage of the iPad’s new high-resolution Retina display for a bit more iPad goodness before our full review.
- How to choose the best MicroSD cards for your smartphone or tablet
- Missed Black Friday? The sales don’t end just yet
- Keep your tablet stylish and secure with one of the best iPad Pro 10.5 cases
- Didn’t get what you wanted for Christmas? Here are 8 great gifts for yourself
- Add style and functionality with the best iPad Pro 9.7 cases