The producers behind the movie formerly known as jOBS (yes, they had a meeting about the much-ridiculed little ‘j’ and went for a big ‘j’ instead, dumping its awkward attempt at referencing the tech company’s iconic naming scheme) have released what’s thought to be the first movie trailer on the Instagram platform.
Whereas the recent Wolverine trailer on Vine was borderline bonkers in its quick-fire cutting, Jobs on Instagram runs more like a traditional trailer, and no doubt will be the first of many such movie promos appearing on the service.
We’ve embedded it below alongside the full-length trailer so you can compare the two.
Jobs, which arrives in theaters on August 16, is directed by Joshua Michael Stern and written by Matt Whitely, and covers the life of the late Apple co-founder from 1971 when he first met Steve Wozniak to the mid-90s by which time the company had become one of the most recognized brands in the world.
The movie features Ashton Kutcher in the lead role, Josh Gad as co-founder Steve Wozniak, Matthew Modine as former CEO John Sculley, and Dermot Mulroney as early Apple investor and former CEO Mike Markkula.
- ‘Doom’ creator John Carmack reminisces about working with Steve Jobs
- Facebook will offer you $40,000 to find the next Cambridge Analytica
- Before Google’s lifelike Duplex A.I., these chatbots paved the way
- Steve Jobs’ pre-Apple job application sold for nearly $175,000 at auction
- iPhone SE … X? Leaks indicate the smallest iPhone could get an X makeover