Building on the original supercomputer concept, Virginia Tech has ordered 1,100 Xserve G5 models to replace the current System X models due to the smaller size, stackability, and lower power consumption of the Xserve series.
With the charge in digital guard, Virginia Tech has offered PC Mall a limited supply of original System X G5 models to be sold to the public. Not only can you now own a piece of computer history, but have one of the most powerful computer in the world working for you!
The systems feature dual 2.0GHz PowerPC G5 processors, 1GB DDR SDRAM, 160GB 7200RPM hard drives, a DVD-R/CD-RW Superdrive, an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro and Mac OS X Panther.
Each unit comes with a “Certificate of Authenticity” which consists of a letter with the serial number of the Power Mac, signed by members of the Virginia Tech Supercomputer Team.
Visit MacMall for more information and to place an order.
- Finally, an A.I. voice assistant that doesn’t collect and monetize your data
- Dell rebrands Inspiron gaming laptops to G Series, serves up four new models
- Nokia 6 (2018) vs. Lenovo Moto G5S Plus: Can Nokia take out the budget champion?
- Nvidia shows off the world’s largest GPU at its GTC conference
- Moto G6 vs. Moto G5: Is it time to crown a new budget king?