On Monday, Microsoft officially unveiled its first Windows 8 tablets, the ARM-based Surface Windows RT, and the Intel Ivy Bridge-based Surface Windows 8 Pro. The obvious question, of course, is: How do these new tablets stack up against Apple’s flashy new iPad? Unfortunately, many of the important hardware specs (and prices) are not yet known — no price, no battery life, no real screen resolution figures, no solid release. But we’ve decided to put these three touchscreen gizmos head-to-head-to-head in a spec showdown, anyway, for a quick comparison. Below, the numbers we know so far.
Also make sure to read Microsoft’s Surface tablet: Do we have an iPad killer?
Check out our review of the Microsoft Surface with Windows RT tablet.
- HP Spectre Folio vs. Microsoft Surface Pro 6
- Microsoft blames constrained chip supplies for PC market slowdown
- Microsoft targets Chrome OS with $189 Windows 10 laptops for education
- Microsoft takes $200 off select Surface Pro 6 models for a limited time
- Headaches continue with two new Windows 10 October 2018 Update bugs