On Monday, Microsoft officially unveiled its first Windows 8 tablets, the ARM-based Surface Windows RT, and the Intel Ivy Bridge-based Surface Windows 8 Pro. The obvious question, of course, is: How do these new tablets stack up against Apple’s flashy new iPad? Unfortunately, many of the important hardware specs (and prices) are not yet known — no price, no battery life, no real screen resolution figures, no solid release. But we’ve decided to put these three touchscreen gizmos head-to-head-to-head in a spec showdown, anyway, for a quick comparison. Below, the numbers we know so far.
Also make sure to read Microsoft’s Surface tablet: Do we have an iPad killer?
Check out our review of the Microsoft Surface with Windows RT tablet.
- Microsoft Surface Buying Guide: Which is for you?
- Is this amateur hour? Surface Pro 6 and Laptop 2 ship with Windows 10 Home
- HP Spectre Folio vs. Microsoft Surface Pro 6
- Stay connected with the Surface Go LTE Advanced, coming November 20 for $679
- Here’s how to easily reset Windows 10 on a Microsoft Surface