Congratulations! You’ve braved the Apple line once again and got your hands on the new iPad mini. Now you want to know how to keep the Retina display safe from scratches and dust. Consider Moshi’s VersaCover origami case, an architecturally inspired cover that builds upon Apple’s Smart Cover design. Like its predecessor for the original iPad, you’ll be able to flip, fold, and tuck the VersaCover into various shapes so while it’s not protecting your iPad’s screen, it can function as an iPad stand.
The secret is between the edges of the cover, which contain little magnets to help the ridges connect and stay sturdy when folded. You can use the folds to position your iPad to stand upright or landscape are various angles. The cover itself is also made of microfibers and will support the iPad mini’s auto-wake/sleep feature for a swift access to the menu. Unfortunately, pricing is pretty steep in comparison to the original iPad version. The VersaCover for iPad mini will retail for $55 with a shipment date scheduled by the end of the year, while the original version retails for $60. Moshi’s VersaCover will be available in four color options: Aloe Green, Denim Blue, Sakura Pink, and Velvet Grey. We’re digging the pastel color scheme which makes for a soft introduction to the holiday season.
- These are the best iPad cases and covers for the new 2018 iPad
- Here are the 15 best iPad keyboard cases, from the Mini to the Pro
- Apple iPad (2018) vs. iPad Pro 10.5: Is the iPad Pro worth the extra cash?
- Master your big-screened Apple iPad with these handy tips and tricks
- Here are the best iPad Pro keyboard cases to pick up with your new tablet