It’s been nearly two years since Apple’s iMac line got a refresh, but in that time it appears that Apple has put iMac on a diet. The newest models are a mind boggling 80 percent thinner than the line before them, and boast an edge that’s only 5 mm thick. It gets a bit fatter around the middle, but considering the hardware packed inside, it’s still rather impressive.
The sleek new desktop comes in two sizes. The 21.5-inch model comes with a 2.7GHz quad-core Core i5 with 8GB of RAM, a GeForce GTX 640M, and a 1TB HDD. The 27-inch model has a 2.9GHz quad-core Core i5 with 8GB of RAM, a GeForce GTX 660M, and a 1TB HDD. You can get your hands on them for $1,300 and $1,800 respectively.
For more details check out Apple unveils new super-svelte 21.5-inch and 27-inch iMac models.
- From Chromebooks to MacBooks, here are the best laptop deals for February 2019
- Huawei’s MateBook 13 is smaller than a MacBook Air, yet includes Nvidia graphics
- Alienware’s thin m17 and m15 gaming laptops pack Nvidia RTX 20-series GPUs
- Accidental Amazon listings provides peek at cost of GTX 1660 Ti PCs
- The Asus ZenBook S13 has the world’s thinnest laptop bezels